Monday, 12 June 2017

MMW#26: Anything Mixed Media Goes

Hi Everyone! 

We're back with a new challenge and this time we're leaving it completely up to you offering you to create anything you like. No rules, no theme this month, only your very own imagination. Maybe you have seen a project recently that inspired you and you are itching to create your very own version. Or maybe you would like to try a new technique, new product you bought recently and want to show it off. Whatever you make, ensure it is a mixed media project for your chance to win a prize: 

£15 voucher to online shop Wild Orchid Crafts 
WILD ORCHID CRAFTS


Talking about winning and prizes... There will be one HUGE post with winners from the past few months on 14th June so make sure you stop by! Life got better of me lately and when I asked for more help with the blog the amazing girls from the team agreed to step in and help with posting. Can I just say.. they are an amazing bunch and this blog wouldn't be the same without them. So firstly, a big thank you to the team for being so AWESOME! You will hear from them directly a bit more from now on so you have more to look forward to. 

There will be a tutorial from Leslie this month as well so stay tuned! 

It seems that Georgie is also finding it a bit tough right now and has decided that it is time to move on. Today we are saying goodbye to her. I'd like to say a BIG thank you to this special lady. She has been my friend for a long time and her work has always been a great inspiration to me. I will miss you, Gee! Lots of love xxx 

Now, without a further ado, please see the amazing inspiration from the fabulous DT Ladies below: 

I decided to make a tag for my calendar. I really hope that June will be as bright, sunny as my tag.




I have made a canvas(8x8 in) "Flight of consciousness" using my new alcohol inks




Leslie
Summer and hot weather have finally arrived, and with it a palette of tropical colors like ocean aquas and sweet shades of dreamsicles! So with these summer-lovin' colors in mind, I have a fun mixed media canvas with a twist - Acrylic Poured Mini Tiles!




Maria
This time I´ve made a big sunny statement brooch out of different textiles and decorated it with spray-inks, alcohol inks and crystal topping. The rose is made of polymer clay and then altered with alcohol inks and toppings.




Ola
Recently I began to like Steampunk, so I've decided to create a mixed media tag in Steampunk style. To create a background I added few chipboard pieces and texture paste. After drying, I've added all my embellishments and colored all components with Lindy's mists and Art Alchemy metallique paints. The final touch was to highlight everything with white Gesso.




Torsa
This month our theme is Anything Goes and I have created an art journal  with my handmade stencil of Bob Marley !! I have created the background with Lindy's Magical shakers and sea salt !! It creates an awesome texture on watercolor paper !! Then I have used heavy body metallic acrylic to created the image using sponge !!




Virag




Thank you, DT Ladies, for all your help and for the amazing contribution once again this month! 

I hope you are feeling inspired. I certainly am! We shall look forward to seeing your wonderful creations again this month. Thank you for entering our challenge and for your support! All the best, 

Ingrid and the fabulous Design Team. xxx



6 comments:

  1. Such amazing creations and the most fabulous inspiration...Thank you x Enjoyed reading the post and what a lovely crafting community we have x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful mixed media projects from the team! Georgie, you will be sorely missed! Thank you for another wonderful challenge, Ingird! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful inspirations from all of the team, wow! Thank you for another fun challenge and great inspiration and tutorials, thank you ladies I am learning from you all K xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the challenge. Lovely work by the design team.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have added my journal pages but they didn't scan very well so you can't see most of the elements.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment! x